Friday 2 September 2016

Photoshop Introduction

Through the A2 course I learnt how to use Photoshop. Photoshop is digital editing software that allows the user to adapt any photos or even connect two or more photos together, which develops into something completely different from the original photo, creating an album artwork piece for example. Photoshop is designed so that anyone can use it from a beginner to a professional with lots of experience. There are so many tools you can learn and they are all labelled and manageable to figure out.

In Photoshop you have a section where is shows you your ‘layers’. This tool is used to help your work not get messed up or limit the chance of your work getting deleted or lost. You would build you final product up in layers so they are separate then one layer shows how the image looks all together, so each part will be in different layers.

Some tools are very important for starting out for example the cutting tool. The Lasso is one of them, you can select 3 options; Lasso, Polygonal Lasso or the Magnetic Lasso. These allows you to select a section from the photo and cut around the image leaving you with the cut area. You can then copy, paste, rotate etc. until you get exactly what you are looking for.



One tool I used a lot of was the undo button. Being a beginner on this program I made a lot of mistakes that I needed to correct, however by making mistakes helped me learn more about the program and showed me what to do and not what to do.

The more time I spend on this program the more I will come to grips with is all, so the first time I used Photoshop I went at a slow pace so I could really take everything in. This process has encouraged me to be more adventurous on the program, trying new things so hopefully my final product will be just how I want it.

No comments:

Post a Comment